The Division of Instructional Implementation and Teacher Training is headed by a Chief and serves under the Bureau of Curriculum and Instruction. The Division is responsible for instructional implementation and teacher training in the core content areas – math, science, Palauan studies, English, and social studies. The Division carries out the following major activities:
- Implementing established public school curricula and instructional programs in all public schools;
- Assessing teachers’ training needs and providing teacher training to improve teaching skills and capacities of teachers at all public schools;
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring teacher performance standards;
- Developing and implementing student assessments to gauge student learning at public schools;
- Recommending minimum qualifications and requirements for public school teachers; and
- Submitting reports on the progress of the Division and its operation units.