Headed by a Chief, the Division of Curriculum and Instructional Materials Development operates under the Bureau of Curriculum and Instruction. The Division is responsible for the development of curriculum and instructional materials for all content areas for public schools – math, science, Palauan studies, English, social studies, physical education, and health. Major activities for the Division include the following:
- Developing appropriate curricula for all public schools;
- Developing appropriate instructional programs for all public schools;
- Identifying, developing, and acquiring appropriate instructional materials for public schools;
- Developing and implementing student assessments to gauge student learning at public schools;
- Reviewing and recommending supplemental programs for curriculum and instruction and program modifications to strengthen existing programs;
- Reviewing and recommending minimum qualifications and requirements for public school teachers; and
- Submitting reports on the progress of the Division and its operation units.