The Palau College Access Challenge Grant (PCACG) Program is a project of the Ministry of Education that is funded by the U.S. Department of Education's College Access Challenge Grant (CACG). It is designed to increase the number of underrepresented students entering, remaining and completing postsecondary education. It provides college preparation, financial literacy, educational planning, parental education, need-based grant aid, and other services to implement its design.
The PCACG Supplemental Scholarship is a need-based scholarship provided to Palauan students who are eligible for Title IV financial assistance (Pell Grant, FSEOG, and FWS) and are enrolled in an eligible institution of higher education.
Policies and Procedures
Student Eligibility Requirements
The general eligibility requirements for the PCACG Supplemental Scholarship are the same as the federal student aid programs. To receive PCACG Supplemental Scholarship funds, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in an eligible program leading to a degree or certificate and be a full-time student in good standing.
- Be a Palauan citizen.
- Be eligible for Title IV financial assistance such as Pell Grant, Federal SEOG, or Federal Work-Study.
- Be financially needy as demonstrated through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Certify that the funds received will be used solely for educational expenses while attending a college/university.
Completed applications and required documents should be submitted to the PCACG Program of the Ministry of Education, Republic of Palau.
All applicants must file their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. The result of the FAFSA will show an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which is used to determine the financial need of the applicant.
Applicants must complete and submit Items #1-5 under Required Documents listed below no later than September 15, 2015. Item #6, Official Class Schedule for Fall Semester 2015, must be submitted within 30 days from the Last Day of the Drop/Add Period in order for your scholarship check to be processed. Otherwise, your scholarship award could be cancelled.
The application will not be processed if a required document is missing or incomplete.
- Completed original 2015-2016 Palau College Access Challenge Grant (PCACG) Supplemental Scholarship Application Form.
- Copy of Passport or Birth Certificate for citizenship verification purposes.
- Copy of College Acceptance Letter for new students.
- Official Academic Transcript from last school attended.
- Copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) which is sent to you after filing your FAFSA form.
- Copy of your official class schedule for Fall Semester 2015 showing classes taken after the Last Day of Drop/Add period.
Award Letters and Checks
The PCACGP Award Letters will be sent to students while the scholarship checks will be sent directly to the College/University's Financial Aid Office for appropriate action. It is the responsibility of the student to follow up with the financial aid office regarding his/her scholarship and to ensure that his/her statement of account from the business office is accurate.
Application Packet and Contact
Click here to download the application packet.
For more information and inquiries, contact the PCACG Program.
Palau CACG Program, Ministry of Education, Box 189, Koror, PW 96940
Ulai T. Ikesiil, John Techitong, Cheryl Aulerio, firstname.lastname@example.org, (680)-488-1404